Oil Catch Can for Scion
This oil catch can for your Scion is superbly engineered and the best value for money catch can available:
- Highly efficient oil separation as a closed as well as an open system with dual chamber baffling
- Maintenance friendly
- Less motor oil consumption in comparison to less efficient separators or conventional systems
- Provides ideal protection for engine, turbochargers and other components installed downstream
- Includes breather filter
- Relatively easy installation and a fun small project to accomplish
Why Your Scion Needs This:
- Increases engine power & performance
- Keeps engine clean
- Prolongs engine life
- Increases fuel economy
- Prevents engine knocking
- Prevent premature combustion (pre-ignition)
Package Includes (everything necessary for installation):
- Aluminium Catch Can
- Breather Filter
- Set of fittings
- Necessary brackets and screws
We ship free to U.S.
Benefits of an Oil Catch Can
The valve rings do not create a perfect seal in an engine. If they did the pistons would not be able to move up and down. Because there is a tiny gap between the cylinders walls and the pistons, a little bit of pressure is able to escape into the valve cover area and crankcase. At the same time burnt oils are also escaping into the valve cover area. This is called “blow-by”.
The contents are nasty and will eventually make its way into the PCV line and Breather. The PCV line will recycle these burnt solids back into your intake manifold which will increase the level of carbon solids, and reduce your octane levels.
For a boosted setup with turbo and supercharger, the Breather line will recirculate some of these oils into the intake which will go into the intercooler. Of course, the intercooler works best when the interior surfaces are nice and clean. When the breather line returns any fumes with oils into the intake, this will start to coat the inside of the intercooler with oil, and reduce the heat exchange efficiencies.
Choose your Scion year and model from the drop down list above, for your oil catchment can.
We ship free to U.S.